Click on the Image below and enter discount code FF499 for 50% off!!

Friday 23 June 2017

The New Rich: How to Become Wealthy




Today I want to talk to you a little bit about the new rich, and how to become wealthy. I've been reading "The Four Hour Work Week" by Timothy Ferris and who wouldn't like one of those? But let's talk about the old rich first.
 
What is the old rich? When I was a kid my family preached to me, "Grow up, get an education, become something important. Be a doctor, be a lawyer, be an engineer, get a good job." Notice that word "good" job.

The idea was that we were supposed to go to college, get a good education, and go to work for a company, probably work for the same company for 45 years, retire with a gold watch and a pension, and then be able to do the things that we want to do with our life. And of course, we're 65 years old by then, retirement age. Now we're going to go start doing the things we want to do? Hardly!

Well, the new rich has turned that upside down. The concept of how to become wealthy has shifted from owning things to having freedom of time to do life on our terms. That old model doesn't work anymore. You can't trust going to work for a company and having a retirement plan. I have a friend who was a 767 check pilot. He flew commercial jets for 45 years. He taught other pilots how to fly commercial jets, yet he had to go back to work and supplement his retirement because his retirement got slashed in half by the airline. You would have thought he would be safe. Nobody's safe!

The idea of the old rich was to accumulate things. How to become wealthy had to do more with things than with life experiences.
The new rich is about living our life on our terms, about doing the things we want to do when we want to do them, and that may mean renting an apartment for six months in Buenos Aires, and it may mean traveling around the United States with our kids. It can mean a variety of different things. But it doesn't, necessarily mean accumulating things. It means doing things. It means accumulating memories, accumulating experiences, and having the time to do the things we want to do and the money to do them.

Now me personally, I'm not interested in big fancy houses and big fancy cars. I love to travel. I love to scuba dive. I love to snow ski and water ski, sail, backpack, hike, camp. Those are the things that I love to do, and I want a portfolio of memories to look back on my life when I'm too old to do those things anymore and remember all the things that I did.

"The Four Hour Work Week", can help point the direction for how you can live your life on your terms, and become wealthy by living life to the fullest and you can begin to do it today. And you can do it from anywhere in the world because in today's day and time, we don't need an office. We don't need a cubicle. We need a computer and an Internet connection. Learn to be an entrepreneur. Take control of your life.

Remember your thoughts are your previews of your life's coming attraction. Dream big my friend and be wealthy and free.


Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/expert/Len_Mooney/1774823