Click on the Image below and enter discount code FF499 for 50% off!!

Wednesday 7 March 2018

The Trials & Tribulations of Becoming Financially Free

At some point this financial freedom journey will present you with the dilemma... when to complete your jump off the hamster wheel??

Having spent a wonderful day in Brighton with some of my favourite people in the world (talking property, life, death and love) 
THEN
I made the mistake of listening to my phone messages  and found one from my 'boss'.

I'm still holding on to part of my old life as an Interior Designer and have a little one day a week, commission only sales job for a curtain shop. It's a family business and there are lots of changes a foot as the designer/sister, who has been in charge for 35 years, plans to leave in October.... for the past 5 years I have been her backup designer and I've covered the one day a week and her ever increasing holidays (12 weeks worth last year!). It's been clear to me that she has been preparing to leave for years... with all my financial freedom activities I'm close to being able to decide what I do with my time, as opposed to what my time does to me. 

Her brother/finance director, is now trying to make his mark and in the last 3 months this mark has resulted in a divide and conquer situation. Urgh... I hate politics and generally I have managed to not get involved.. I am, after all a one day a week, commission only, sales person! But now he has put me slap bang in the middle of a 'situation'.

Although I have been grateful for the work to date but  after this phone message I'm wondering if I should just bow out and take the leap and leave now rather than later?? If I leave now there is a possible £15k hole in my bank balance.... if I stay I know I will become increasingly unhappy, which will impact what I really want to do.... but if I go it will be my last connection to the past... heavy stuff!

I've dealt with this before in my life and taken the leap of faith into the unknown...survived... and grown... but at the moment I just feel sick, worried and peed off... not to mention tired because I fell asleep worrying about this and and woke up at 4am doing the same... humph!

What to do? Stick it out until I've replaced the £15k ... or jump now and have faith that as one door closes another will open??

Tania
Join us on Facebook click here