Click on the Image below and enter discount code FF499 for 50% off!!

Thursday 31 May 2018

Path To A Half

Earlier this year Pam and I were buying a property in Ipswich. As we were proceeding with the purchase we realised there were lots of extra costs and difficulties with the property which were mounting up, changing it from a deal into a no-deal. We eventually pulled out and whilst this is disappointing we know (because of our training) that it was the right thing to do.



We did our training with Gill Fielding at Fielding Financial and every three months we go to an event called Path to a Half. This week we got a post card through. We had filled it in at the March PtaH and one of the goals was to complete on the Ipswich deal.... it was a reminder of a failure.... which is never nice. However it got me thinking about other PtaH's and how they have been instrumental in giving Pam and I the tools and confidence required too take our first steps into property investing using other people's money..... first here is a little video where Gill explains the purpose of PtaH.




As I say, walking away from the Ipswich deal was the right thing to do... but it was also frustrating. Currently we are looking for the right replacement deal. We are being cautious though, when you are 'playing' with other peoples we think this is imperative. We want our deals to double stack in effect. They need a to have the right entrance price, variable exit strategies and enough security in them for us to feel we are not taking unacceptable risks with our reputations and other peoples money.
A note on money... it is easy to think that people with a pot of money got it easily. The stories behind peoples pots of money that we have heard are many and varied. Most of it is hard won. It's either earned doing a hard job, created through wise investment, achieved through making huge life changes like selling the family home or inherited after the loss of a loved one. The trust people are putting in us to use it wisely is really an honour.
A note on asking for money....When I was starting out on this journey I couldn't quite believe anyone would give me money to put into a property deal. It was a HUGE mindset change for me. Even when Pam and I were putting our first deal together and presented it at PtaH I was having palpitations. When one person challenged me I had to take myself off to a quiet place to deal with the panic lol... I'm not joking. I remember collaring a 'Fielding Friend' and discussing how shitty I was feeling. To set me straight and calmed my nerves my friend dished out a mixture of kind words and a flick on the forehead! Pam was much more confident I could only see the potential for failure! I'm glad I have the ability to feel the fear and do it anyway ... and to allow other people to lead me to success even when I'm convinced that I can't do something.
Anyway, in those days there was a sign up board at the back of the Path to a Half meeting room... Pam and I couldn't believe it when we saw over 30 people had expressed an interest in our deal. We were having a ta-da moment... At the previous PtaH we had another ta-da moment when Gill had said 'If a deal's a deal... the money will come'... we heard that and decided to just run with it ... find a deal, a real deal and see if the money would come... and it did!
I know that lots of people reading this are not in the Fielding Family and will not have experienced Path to a Half. If you want to you can find out more about joining Fielding here, starting with their award winning 3 day course.. then you too can experience those ta-da moments!


Enjoy!
Tania & Pam xx